Friday, May 6, 2022

Normal

    Sometimes, life just feels normal, like there's not actually much to share -- no training courses, trips, or exciting updates. Even though I know that this is just the calm before the storm, I think that this past week may have been the first time that the word "bored" crossed my mind in a long time! As I write that, a statement from one of my aunts also crosses my mind: "You're not bored, just boring." It's possible! But between a few appointments and planning for our upcoming community presentation, I have been enjoying the chance to relax, read a book, play violin, and toughen up my knees crawling around the island in our kitchen (playing peek-a-boo with an oh-so-excited 10 month old, of course). While doing these things, the nagging feeling that I should be busy preparing, writing packing lists, and seeing what is left on what I know is a massive to-do list doesn't ever completely escape, but it has been good to have some down time. Brandon has been spending hours studying what seems like endless documents, procedures, and manuals for his upcoming standardization training. After about 40 hours of individual preparation, he will have two weeks of online ground school. Following that, we will be living on separate continents for five weeks as he completes in-person flight training in Uganda! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings

"Count your blessings, name them one by one; Count your blessings, see what God has done; Count your many blessings, name them one by o...